SENSEI SUNIL G
3rd Dan Black Belt Karate, 1st Dan Black Belt Kobudo
Chief Instructor & Examiner OSRKKI
Member of Shorin Ryu Karate Do International (SRKDI), representative of India.
Member of World Matsubayashi-Ryu (Shorin-Ryu) Karate-Do Association (WMKA), State Representative of Karnataka.
Co-Founder & Managing Partner, A BETTER DAY FITNESS & MARTIAL ARTS CLUBS
Co-Founder & CEO, SINI Labs Technologies LLP India
Sensei Sunil. G, a Karateka since 19 years, Karate is my passion, my dedication in practicing Karate strived me to reach heights in my life.
I guess I first got interested in the martial arts from one person like most kids in my age group liked was Bruce Lee a Legend. I saw his amazing acrobatic kicks and stylized fight scenes and thought it was the most exciting thing that I had ever seen. I can’t tell how many times I would be in the backyard “play fighting” with my neighborhood friends. All the time, we would be yelling “Hiya” or “whooooaaa”. I know we probably looked like a bunch of mental patients but you couldn’t tell us that we weren’t some ninjas on some mission to save humanity or something like that. Those were some good times.
I was aged about 8 when i started practicing Karate with my childhood friend and a neighbour in a cricket ground he was black belt and way ahead elder than me but our friendship was too close as soulmates, but this doesn’t head me in right direction because a friend teaching me was just friendly thing, he asked me to join the classes but my parents didn’t allow at that time later when i was aged 11 yrs i joined Shorin-Ryu Karate Do Academy under Renshi N Kumar at SISA Kendra School, my practice was quite good but i use to get tired soon due to weakness and lack of stamina, at home parents refused me to continue Karate because i used to get tired soon and was not studying well due to more activities and play time.
Slowly i changed myself Karate taught me dedication on what i do and what i wanted to do, i became more aggressive sharpshooter was superfast in doing things, my parents were unbelievable my mom encouraged me a lot after seeing the change in me, also i was well disciplined, punctual, active all time (good concentration), and open to talk or face things even if it's difficult.
Days went on and years went on when I was in my 10 grade just before the exams, I earned my Black Belt under Sensei N Kumar and Sensei V Shekar masters also started my career as a junior instructor at my college days in Shorin-Ryu Karate Do Academy with Sensei V Shekar at St. Francis School, Koramangala, Survey of India, Government Quarters and a few more dojos, It was a challenging role for me when i didn't had any knowledge of teaching i started career as teacher and it was an excellent journey where i learnt more than what i learnt when i was practicing karate, teaching taught me how well i should be perfect and correct the mistakes, my assistant journey continued for 3 years later stated my career as Branch Instructor at Deen’s Academy Whitefield and at Podars Sarjapur Road, my first batch was at Deen’s Academy Whitefield with Deen’s Teachers and their children and others where i explored myself as a professional here starts my budding time to grow grow it was my engineering final exams time but than to not use to miss the classes and my practice sessions, later after academics Deen’s Founder approached to start the classes for whole school i thought this will be my destiny as a Karate Coach forever by rejecting my campus placement and went on everything was smooth by time lapsed had some disputes and left my karate career and went back to work and also became a entrepreneur in my selective field, later after 2 years again rejoined to Okinawa Shorin Ryu Karate Do Udun To Kobujutsu Association, Japan under my master Renshi N Kumar now serving as a coach at this Organisation.
Karate taught everything in my life, I'm sure today what i’m is because of my sincere Martial Arts practice. I’m Fit I’m Fine, a happy karateka.
Senior Instructor and referee
1. 2nd internal Invitational karate Championship 2009
* won bronze medal individual kata
* won silver medal in Kumite
2. 6th N. K. F. I. National Karate Championship -2010 at Pune
* Won Bronze medal in Kumite
* won silver medal in kata
3. Okinawa Karate & Kubudo Seminar by Grandmaster Hanshi Tetsuo Takamiyagi (2010
*Refree/Judge Course (2010)
4. Okinawa karate and kobudo seminar -2010
5. National Master ‘s Cup- 2011 at Kerala
* won silver medal in Team kata
* won silver medal in Individual kata
6. 3rdInternal Karate Competition -2011
* Won bronze medal individual kata
7. Karate Training Camp -2011
* Completed kubudo training under Kyoshi K. P. Ravindran At Mysore
8. All India Karate Championship - 2012
* Won silver medal
9. Okinawa Karate & Kubudo Seminar by Grandmaster Hanshi Tetsuo Takamiyagi -2013
10. National Master's Cup -2013 at Kerala
* Won silvermedal Team kata
11. National Masters Cup -2014
* Won Bronze medal in Team kata and individual kata
* Won silver medal in kumite
* Won silver medal in kobudo
12. KAI: Karate Association of India -2014
* Completed 2nd DAN certification
13 . NationalMasters Cup (2016)
* Won 2 Bronze medals
14. Completed Refree and Judge course -2016
15. KAI: Karate Association of India -2017
* Completed kata and kumite judge and Refree course..
16. National Master's cup -2017
* Won bronze medal in kumite and team kata.
17. KAI: Karate Association of India -2017
* Completed kata and kumite judge and Refree course..
18. Completed karate Curriculum course-2018
19. Akhila Karnataka sports karate association- 2018
* Karate coach license certificate
20. WKF Advanced karate kata camp -2018
21. National Master Cup -2018 Kerala
* Won Gold medal in kumite
* Won silver medal in Individual kata
* Won bronze medal in Kobudo.
* Won trophy in Masters kata.
* Won bronze medal in Team kata
Copyright © 2021 Shorin Ryu India - All Rights Reserved.
Powered:Okinawa Shorin Ryu Karate Do Kobudo India